1.15.2014

Anybody Out There?

My goodness, it's been a while.  Pablo from over at Roundrock Journal suggested it was about time that I post something here.  Perhaps he's right.  Things certainly have changed since I posted last - it may take a bit to learn my way around the "new" Blogger!

I'll ease back into the whole blogging thing by sharing a photo of our current house guest, a stray we are calling Roux:

She is a mastiff mix or as we prefer to call her, a muttstiff.  On January 4th, she magically appeared on the front porch and made herself at home.  She is one to two years old and ridiculously friendly.  We have been fattening her up - she was about 20 pounds underweight and sporting quite a load of intestinal parasites when she first came to us.  Now she's on meds for the worms and is gaining weight at an acceptable rate.  (The vet seems to think she needs to carry around 80 to 85 pounds.)  We are planning on having her spayed.  From the looks of things, she has had at least one litter of puppies in her life.

We have put up posters, notified the vets in the area, called the pound and animal control to get the word out that we have her.  We don't hold out any real hope that her owners will show up though.   Seems like dogs with mysterious pasts show up regularly out here in the sticks - sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose.

Well, this wasn't a planned post, it was just a response to Pablo's prompting.  I'll try to put together something a little better next time.  Meanwhile, thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Oh good! You're back! I've missed your wonderful posts. Good luck with your new "Muttstiff." She's lucky she found you.

swamp4me said...

Hopefully I'll stick with it this time! The evil Facebook tends to suck me in and eat up all my online time.

Hugh Griffith said...

Hi Swampy,

Nice to hear from you. That looks like a happy pup.

Pablo said...

A nice, cheery post to return with. Thanx.

KaHolly said...

THERE you are!! So nice to see you. Happy New Year. Lovely dog - probably likes where he is just fine!!

swamp4me said...

Sweet! It's like old times "seeing" all of you again. I've missed it!

denapple said...

Swampy! Welcome back!

catharus said...

'Good to see your back!

Ellen Rathbone said...

Missed you, too! And, like you, I find FB uses up more of my time - easier and quicker to do, esp. from a phone! Welcome back...and what a lucky pup to have found such a good place to wind up!