12.24.2010

For Your Christmas Party

Okay, I'm sharing this with you because I am a professional and I feel it is my duty...

A holiday factoid sure to make you the hit of any party:

Mistletoe comes from the Anglo-Saxon words mistel and tan. Now, it is important to know that mistel translates to dung and tan translates to twig. So while you are smooching under the mistletoe be sure to impress your smoochee with your knowledge and say something smooth like, "By the way, did you know that the word mistletoe means "dung on a twig"...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!! I think you should post this on FB, too, so more people can share this factoid, Just think how many people will stop and think about that twig of mistletoe.

Merry, Merry Christmas to you and Treebeard!!! Watch out for that twig with dung on it!!

SIL and Ratdog

Ellen Rathbone said...

Hee hee - I love it!

Happy Holidays!

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Ha ha! Pretty funny. Thanks for the laugh. And a very merry Christmas to you and yours.

Pablo said...

Warm wishes.

Kat said...

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

swamp4me said...

I'm glad everyone enjoyed that little tidbit!