12.29.2010

A Few More Snow Shots

One of my goals for the coming year is to do a better job of posting on my blog. Sadly, I don't have much to post since we are still pretty much covered by a sheet of white, but post I will.

The millpond is beautiful to me no matter the season. She looks very nice dressed in the greens of summer or the whites and grays of winter.
 

 
Posted by Picasa


After I shoveled snow all day yesterday I treated myself to a walk along the boardwalk in the work swamp. There weren't many signs of critters stirring but I did see some bear tracks.
 

 

 
Wonder if his toes were cold ;)
 
Posted by Picasa

Treebeard has a birthday coming up on the 31st. Since I have that day off, perhaps we will celebrate by going for a nice long walk if it isn't raining. Maybe I'll be able to get pictures of something other than snow to share with you.

6 comments:

Ellen Rathbone said...

Those first couple shots (and the new header) are exquisite! Winter can be so beautiful.

Happy B'day, Treebeard!

Patrice said...

Your mill pond is indeed lovely. Hope the bear doesn't bother you too much!

Anonymous said...

Bear tracks? I guess the advantage to snow is you can see when they've been nearby. Enjoy your snow - the thing I miss about being further south is how quickly the white stuff melts away down there.

Anonymous said...

Wow. So beautiful. I never saw a swamp in snow before. Magical.

Holly said...

I LOVE the first few shots of the swamp covered in snow and ice. So graceful, so enchanting!

Kirk Mantay said...

LOVE the millpond shots!