1.31.2010

Making Tracks

Treebeard and I weren't the only ones out making tracks in the snow today...

Which way to go?? One indecisive squirrel or two squirrels, back to back, ready to pace off for a duel ;)
 

We followed this kitty for quite some distance. I think it may be the momma cat that has taken up in our wood pile. Haven't decided yet what to do about her and her two kittens.
 

A couple of turkeys went for a wander through the woods. We followed them for quite some distance, too.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

My other photos of prints and tracks didn't come out too well. Taking pictures in snow is a bit challenging for me.

8 comments:

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

There! You see? Snow has its rewards, after all. Most of these critters would pass undetected, if not for the tracks they leave in snow. I am always amazed by how much activity there actually is out there.

sweetbay said...

I tried to take pics of tracks too -- haven't looked at them yet, I wonder if any are useable. It's difficult to focus white on white! I couldn't believe it when I saw how far one of the cats trekked from the house, because they seem absolutely appalled and horrified by the snow. It's a good thing they are Southern cats.

KaHolly said...

Good point, Woodswalker!

Its Time to Live said...

Great snow images. Sometimes hard to catch.

Susan Rose said...

Your photos (the ones that turned out) are beautiful.

Sally said...

Swampy-- congratulations! I'm accepting your guess as the "most correct" in the recent challenge at Foothills Fancies. If you email your address to me at ffnaturalist AT gmail (com), I'll send it out to you. Details at the post revealing the challenge answer.

I like the track photos too.

烤肉 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
swamp4me said...

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. Snow tracks are very challenging to photograph, but they are very fun to follow!