12.30.2007

Blowing Raspberries?

Friday afternoon found me in the work swamp tweaking a trail that a boy scout troop helped me cut. I was working by myself, but I wasn't alone. The woods were full of birds - mostly robins, but there were other species as well. This pileated stayed close by for quite some time so I finally put down my hand tools and picked up the camera -- just in time to catch him sticking out his tongue.
(My ultra-slow dial-up connection has prevented me from posting as many pictures as I'd like. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes for a picture to load and then there will be problems that prevent the post from publishing. Very, very frustrating. To attempt to overcome this challenge I am resizing my photos before posting. I'm not crazy about the results though...)

No comments: