6.16.2006

Big Bird?

We had our suspicions. We'd fill the platform feeder at sunset so the early birds would have breakfast waiting the next morning - but we'd noticed over the past couple of days that the seed mysteriously disappeared overnight.

Now, our dog has been known to clean off the feeder - the dog is nuts for seeds. And of course there is that opossum that visits the feeder from time to time...

Today, as the afternoon waned, the truth was revealed...


Bambi's mom has been helping herself to our birdseed...


Is she sticking her tongue out at me? What nerve! (Those lumps at the base of her left ear are engorged ticks - Yikes!)

2 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Quick Swampy! Hide that sucker! My friend will come over bow in hand!

swamp4me said...

Ms. White-tail is safe -- she's on the park and thus safe. If your friend comes with bow in hand I will be forced to get out my citation book :)
I personally would have liked to throw something at her - she has eaten the birdseed, the sunflowers growing next to the feeder, and various tasty items from our garden.