5.27.2005

Post Successful...

...the two most beautiful words in Bloggerdom!
Oh yes, oh yes! As mysteriously as it stopped working, Hello has started working again. It is just down right silly how happy this makes me. Pardon me while I do the dance of joy!
I have absolutely no idea why Hello went AWOL, or why it came back...I'm just happy it did. But enough talk -- on to the pictures.

Indian cucumber root, Medeola virginiana

I believe this fungus is one of the tree-ears, but I haven't tried to key it out yet. The top surface feels velvety and the underside is smooth.

Absolutely no idea what these will turn out to be, but they were so positively pink I had to show them to you. Perhaps one of the puff-ball fungi? I will go back and check on them tomorrow to see how they have matured.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend.

8 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Yeah for you Swampy, but more so for us!! I too, shall dance!

And here, take a slab o' cake!

Lené Gary said...

It's fun to see your Indian Cucumber Root. Ours seems to have more burgundy--maybe it's just the soil. I haven't seen them come up this year yet, but it's been a chilly spring in Vermont. The berries are beautiful too. I always enjoy seeing them into the fall.

Cuppa said...

Glory be! I am doing the happy dance too!

Keith "Nurse Keith" Carlson, RN, BSN, NC-BC said...

Welcome back, even though you never really left! Technology is just a fickle creature, and in this post-modern world of ours, we must embrace its vicissitudes if we desire its pleasures.....

Crowe said...

The fungus shots are great. I found some strange toadstools yesterday that looked as if they were made from chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps everyone checking your blog site everyday helped? Whatever, I am very happy to see your blog up and running. Keep up the wonderful photos!

swamp4me said...

Thanks for cheering me on during my technological hiccup!

SquirrleyMojo said...

Fantastic!

I once, as an undergrad, took a plant bios class & the funnest thing we did was hunt fungi for extra credit over a weekend.

I had a "purpose" for trailing--I found an incredible slime mold and got 10 bonus points (and boy did I need them!).

Now I love fungi & hunt for them when I LetterBox.