1.26.2005

Little Things

Yesterday was a busy day. We worked on clearing fire lines that dear Hurricane Isabel dropped trees on back in 2003. She did a thorough job of it -- we still have a lot of work to do before any prescribed burns can take place. The area we worked on yesterday is a stand of mature loblolly pines (not a plantation-type stand -- an actual, natural woodland). One day in the not too distant future perhaps a couple of red-cockaded woodpeckers might find it to their liking and move in. We can always hope.

Anyway, it was nice out and temps were in the forties. A nice change from the weather we have been having. I took my camera along (as always) and took a few pictures when I could. The two pictures below show some of the things that caught my eye. I love the little things...

No comments: